CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2019 OLA Super Conference! The event will be held in Toronto from Wednesday January 30 to Friday February 1, with a library trustee post-conference on Saturday February 2, 2019. Proposals will be accepted until May 25, 2018.
We hope you'll join us as we explore this year's theme:
Conference Theme: Powered By The People
Our communities, whether they be towns, cities, Indigenous communities, campuses, schools, organizations, or communities of common interests, are powered by the people. Libraries empower the people. They fuel communities by providing resources, programs, services and support for self-directed growth and development. Libraries have always been, and always will be, for the people.
- Make sure the title and description accurately reflect your session content. Both your title and description will be published in the online program and in the conference app. When considering a title, keep in mind that it should be able to stand alone and clearly convey what your presentation will cover.
- Ensure that your description reflects three learning objectives so that the right people are encouraged to participate in your session.
- In designing your session, we encourage you to include opportunities for interaction amongst participants so that they can take advantage of the knowledge of their peers.
This call is open to sessions in lecture, panel, and workshop formats. We are especially interested in sessions that:
- Allow opportunities for interactions among attendees
- Include the perspectives of multiple library sectors
- Provide tools and templates that attendees can take-away and adapt to their library's needs.
We are also interested in exploring non-traditional session formats, so don't hesitate to submit presentation proposals that fall outside of the conference standard.
Speakers will have access to a standard AV setup and participants will be seated either in rounds (for sessions where tables are required) or in theatre seating.
Call for Submissions Deadline
May 25, 2018
July 27, 2018
July 27, 2018
Final Session Details and AV Requirements Confirmed
September 10, 2018
Completed Speaker Registration Form
December 21, 2018
January 30-February 2, 2018