Call for Submissions
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2020 OLA Super Conference! The event will be held in Toronto from Wednesday January 29 to Saturday February 1, 2020. Saturday's program is devoted to the Public Library Trustee Bootcamp and Treasure Mountain Canada, a school library research symposium. Proposals will be accepted until 5pm on May 27, 2019.
We hope you'll join us as we explore this year's theme: Dream Here / Rêvez ici
Our library dreams can be large or small, individual or collective. They can be fuelled by the need for change, or rooted in creative thinking. Super Conference 2020 will embolden us to explore our dreams, learn from the dreams of others, and think of the ways we can put our thoughts, ideas, and dreams into action - actions that will shape library communities today, tomorrow, and into the future. Dreams are everywhere. Libraries are for everyone. Let's dream here!
Need session ideas? Take a look at our list of topic priorities.
- Make sure the title and description accurately reflect your session content. Both your title and description will be published in the online program and in the conference app. When considering a title, keep in mind that it should be able to stand alone and clearly convey what your presentation will cover.
- Ensure that your description reflects three learning objectives so that the right people are encouraged to participate in your session.
- In designing your session, we encourage you to include opportunities for interaction amongst participants so that they can take advantage of the knowledge of their peers.
This call is open to sessions in lecture, panel, and workshop formats. We are especially interested in sessions that:
- Allow opportunities for interactions among attendees
- Include the perspectives of multiple library sectors
- Provide tools and templates that attendees can take-away and adapt to their library's needs.
We are also interested in exploring non-traditional session formats, so don't hesitate to submit presentation proposals that fall outside of the conference standard.
Speakers will have access to a standard AV setup and participants will be seated either in rounds (for sessions where tables are required) or in theatre seating.
Call for Submissions Deadline
May 27, 2019
Notification of Acceptance / Non-Acceptance
July 26, 2019
Final Session Details and AV Requirements Confirmed
September 11, 2019
Completed Speaker Registration Form
December 20, 2019
January 29-February 1, 2020